IAQ Services in Fairfield County
When we think of air pollution, most of us think of things like car exhaust, factory fumes, or pollen. However, the air indoors may actually be worse for your health, since it doesn’t circulate as well, and contaminants aren’t diluted by the sheer volume of air. Addressing indoor air quality (IAQ) helps you breathe easier, and a phone call to Climate Care for indoor air quality services in Stamford, CT is a great first step.
Why Indoor Air Quality Matters
Any kind of contaminants you breathe in can have adverse health effects. The EPA flags several that are especially prevalent indoors.
- Higher incidence of respiratory issues, including allergies, asthma, colds, bronchitis, and flu
- Irritation of the eyes, throat, and nose
- Feelings of headaches, dizziness, or fatigue
- Difficulty breathing
- An increased chance of non-respiratory ailments and chronic conditions, including cancer and heart disease
Signs of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality problems have many ways to make themselves known. Unusual odors herald the presence of mold, mildew, or even deceased critters in your HVAC ducts. Some signs are visible, like dust that never seems to go away no matter how often you clean, or mold spores on household surfaces.
One of the most telling signs is easy to miss. If you have health issues like allergies, chronic headaches, or general malaise, it can be easy to chalk up to a bug that’s going around, or a bit of a seasonal funk. We’d encourage you to pay attention to those symptoms, however, because if they lessen or disappear completely once you’re outdoors or otherwise change your environment, your house or office itself could be what’s making you sick.
Diagnosing and Addressing Indoor Air Quality Problems
Diagnosing and troubleshooting poor indoor air quality is a three-step process.
- Confirm the presence of contamination through a home testing kit, or a professional indoor air quality audit
- Trace the problem to its source, be it checking for faults in construction or insulation that allow outdoor contamination indoors, or a plumbing leak that promotes mold growth on walls or in your ductwork
- Remediate the issue, in part by addressing its root cause, and then by undertaking measures like duct cleaning, HVAC repair, the installation of high-MERV filters, or even a whole-home dehumidifier or air purification system
How Often Do I Need IAQ Service?
For commercial buildings, we suggest annual inspections and duct cleaning due to the high traffic and higher occupancy rates. For homeowners, duct cleaning is suggested every three years on average. If your home or building gets AC repair or replacement, or a new furnace installation, it’s a good idea to have an audit conducted as well; more efficient systems can tend to kick up contaminants that might have lain dormant with a weaker airflow.
Why Trust Climate Care to Boost Your Indoor Air Quality?
A generation of home and business owners have trusted Climate Care when the time comes for indoor air quality, trustworthy HVAC maintenance, installations, and more. Need another reason? We’ll give you three good ones.
- We are trained on, and specialize in, products from Trane and Mitsubishi (we’re a Mitsubishi Diamond Contractor), though we’re qualified to work on every major HVAC and IAQ brand.
- We offer PowerPay® financing that helps keep even your biggest IAQ and HVAC projects on budget.
- We can address your full range of indoor comfort needs, from small items like smart thermostats to larger essentials like furnace repairs, or we can install central air conditioning in Stamford.
Get a FREE IAQ Estimate Today!
Heating and air conditioning each play a part in your indoor comfort, but when it comes to indoor air quality, nothing less than your health is at stake. For help with diagnostics, or to schedule an IAQ audit, get in touch with Climate Care to address your most pressing concerns.